Friday, March 16, 2012

Such Beautiful Talent


I come from a family that is very artistically talented.  All through my life I have been exposed to all kinds of creativity.  This past week My sweet aunt Lona lost her life while out on her road bike due to a distracted driver.  Over the past week I have been reflecting on her life, the time I got to spend with her and the influence she had in shaping who I am today.  As a child I always looked forward to time with her.  She would swim with me in the snake river and take me exploring along the banks to find the pink moss.  I could spend hours in her room looking at all her fun creations.  As I grew older I would bring my children to her home to swim in the river, go exploring and peek in her studio at her creations.  It was said at her funeral yesterday that she would make you feel like you were her favorite.  She truly loved everyone and life with all she had.  My heart is so full of sorrow for her sweet husband and though's who were especially close to her.  I am so grateful for my knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ, that I know we will live again after this life. My Father in Heaven has filled my soul with comfort and peace at this time. When I am out enjoying the beauty of this earth or creating something I will think of my sweet Aunt Lona and how she lived life to the fullest. 

Check out her blog to see more of her amazing work.

3 comments:

Honeybee said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Nicole. Thanks for posting about her & the video. What an amazing talent! She made some beautiful things. It is so nice to have the knowledge of the Gospel at times like this.

sydney said...

Thank Nicole for posting about Lona and sharing your testimony of the Gospel and life after death. I know Dennis was so comforted knowing that he and Lona are sealed for Eternity.

Barbie said...

What a lovely tribute you wrote on your blog. Lona must have been a huge influence in your life and so sorry for your pain at this time. We do have the gospel to know that she is still creating and extending her love to others through eternity. Barbara Talbot

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio